Saturday, August 22, 2015

Sunday Expressions: C2C Edition

I've been learning a lot about Yorkshire, thanks in part to Last Tango in Halifax and also due to my recent read of Amanda Owen's memoir The Yorkshire Shepherdess.  I will be doing a post on this book soon, but I digress.

The other day I stumbled upon a beautiful blog called Four Walkers on Walking Places.  The four walkers in question are four grandmotherly-types who walked the Coast to Coast trail in 2010.  I highly recommend this blog for their amusing account of their experience, as well as stunning pictures.  It is quite a bit of inspiration as well.

This week's Sunday Expression was discovered on their blog.  Heather, the blog's author, writes, "An early start of us, so it was a cat's lick and a promise as far as getting washed was concerned..."  I thought that was such a great expression for those times when you know a shower or bath is just not in the cards.  So thank you, Heather, for this week's "Sunday Expression".

Do you have time for a proper bath in the morning or evening or do you have to get by with a cat's lick?

xo,

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment