Monday, December 29, 2014

Sponge Cake and Lemon Curd

Uh oh.

Some of you may know that I am out of school for Winter Break.  And I was doing pretty well - keeping on schedule, going to bed at a still reasonable hour, and waking up fresh as a daisy each morning.  Makes going back to work that much easier.

And then this happened:

The Great British Baking Show.

I don't know how I learned about it {although I suspect Twitter}, how come I never knew about it, or how I am now going to get through all the episodes before I return to work :: now know...see update below::.  This show airs on BBC Food and is now available in all its yummy glory on PBS.  {And you can find the recipes here!  Squee!  Although there is that conversion issue...}

I just finished watching episode one, where a set of amateur bakers tried their hands at various cakes.  I am not a baker by any stretch of the imagination, but perhaps I should try baking a quintessential British cake?

What would you suggest and what is your favorite traditional cake?

:: Update!  There is only one episode currently online on PBS.  The next episode premieres on January 4th with the 11 remaining contestants focusing on biscuits! ::

No comments:

Post a Comment